Bella Blu Design
Bella Blu Hat Case
What way do you like to wear your hat?
There are two ways to wear your hat – the traditional way or worn on the back of the head – and your hat size will differ based on which option you prefer.
Worn The Traditional Way
Pull the tape or string snug but not tight and note the length of the circumference of your head in CM. You can compare the length of string against a ruler to get your measurement.
Compare the measurement you obtained with the hat size chart. If your measurement falls in between sizes, we suggest the larger size for comfort. For instance for a circumference of 56.5cm choose a medium size.
Worn To The Back Of The Head
|Bella Blu Size:||Metric (cm):||Inches:|
|X-Small||53-54||20 7/8 - 21 1/8|
|Small||55-56||21 1/2 - 21 7/8|
|Medium||57-58||22 1/4 - 22 5/8|
|Large||59-60||23 - 23 1/2|
|XX - Large||62||24 1/4|
Adhesive hat filler pad
As our hats are all handmade slight variances in hat size will occur. A hat filler can be used to ensure a snug fit. The hat filler is made of foam cushioning and one size is adhesive so it can easily be fitted into the lining of the inner sweat band. We include one with every hat we sell.
- Flip inner sweatband of hat up so the straw is exposed.
- Peel off the white adhesive backing from the filler.
- Fix the adhesive side of the filler onto the inside of the inner sweatband, at the crown or rear of the hat (which ever feels more comfortable for you). Fold the sweatband back down again so the pad is now hidden.
- This will reduce your hat size by approximately 1cm.
- For more information go to www.bellabludesign.com
When selecting a hat consider the proportion of your face shape and body to find hat styles that complement you. While every face is different, most can be grouped into one of six general shapes. Take a look through these descriptions to work out what best suits you!
Face Shape : Oblong
Definition - Face is longer than it is wide. Fairly straight lines running from temple to jaw & a round chin.
Aim - Find harmony by evening out the length of the face and provide more width. Crown of hat covers ample portion of forehead, sits low on forehead. Wide brims, especially ones that are turned downwards.
- Medium-wide brims
Avoid - Tall hat crowns. Narrow or flat brims as they emphasis the length of your face.
Face Shape: Round
Definition - Symmetrical face. It is about as wide as it is long with a wide forehead and full checks and rounded chin.
Aim - Balance out with a more angular hat that creates length. You can easily wear asymmetrical shapes, such as hats with a high crown, peaked or slanted brim and slanting your hat forward. These details will all give great proportion and shape to a round face.
- Round crown sun hat
- Pork pie
Avoid - Anything low to the head or rounded as this accentuates the roundness.
Face Shape: Square
Definition - Square jawed with a wide forehead and wide cheek bones.
Aim - Soften the crisp lines of the face and add symmetry with a curved silhouette, something rounder and asymmetrical will be flattering and balance out the sharp jawline.
- Bowler hat
- Round crown sun hat
Avoid - Sharp lines and short brims, Pork pie, Trilby's
Face Shape: Heart
Definition - Wide forehead with a sharp chin.
Aim - Balance is achieved by slimming the forehead to make it appear more narrow. Any short-medium in length brimmed style hat will achieve this and be flattering.
- Sun hat medium brim
- Pork pie
Avoid - Avoid wide brims as this will make the forehead appear even wider.
Face Shape: Oval
Definition - Perfectly symmetrical face.
Aim - All hats work for you. Hats should be worn straight across the head or forehead.
- Any hat
Avoid - Nothing
Face Shape: Diamond
Definition - Widest at cheekbones, narrow forehead and tapered chin.
Aim - A moderate to wide brim will accentuate the positive features of your angular face.
- Medium-wide brim sun hats
Avoid - Round and short brims
The Bella Blu Hat Case was designed for people who relish life and enjoy colourful and enriching experiences. Our unique design protects your hats and makes transporting and storing them effortless so you can wear your hats more often whilst enjoying living the life you want to live, with sun protection taken care of.
This must-have accessory is crafted from black diagonal textured weave fabric, lined in black cotton polyester mix, trimmed with smooth black faux lambskin leather and has a silver covered zip up closure. Designed to provide both protection and versatility, the Bella Blu Hat Case has two hidden removable inserts that enable the case to be fully collapsed when not in use. See below for instructions on how to collapse and rebuild your Hat Case.
- Protects your hats whilst taking up minimal storage space.
- Perfectly sized to easily store three hats, of the same style or different hat sizes, with brims measuring 11cm or under.
- Designed to fit into standard airline overhead lockers, under seats and in your large suitcase.
- Lightweight with long handles making it comfortable to wear over your shoulder.
- Fully collapsible when not in use with two removable inserts (see the guide below on how this works).
- Handy see though mesh pocket for a moisture absorbing gel pack to keep moisture away from your hats and to store your small items when out on the go.
Width: 42 cm, about 16.5 inches; Height: 42 cm, about 16.5 inches; Depth: 19.5cm, about 7.7 inches; Handles: 58 cm, about 23 inches; Weight: 1.5 kg; Available in one size only.
HOW TO COLLAPSE YOUR BELLA BLU HAT CASE
- Empty the case of any hats.
- Unzip the crown area of the case. Push down the center crown area closest to the handles, to reveal the crown insert.
- Find the place where velcro holds the crown insert ends together. Separate the two ends and slide the insert fully out of the crown area.
- Now unzip and open the main case body. The inner sides of the base also have an insert that can be removed. Separate the two ends of the insert and fully pull the insert out.
- You now have a collapsed Hat Case!
HOW TO REBUILD YOUR COLLAPSED BELLA BLU HAT CASE
- Pull up the sides of the outer crown area of the Hat Case leaving the top sloping downwards towards the handles.
- Take the large crown insert piece and slide the pointed end into the gap between the outer fabric and lining of the crown area. Curve the rest of the insert around the inner crown area. Then pull the insert through the gap and slide it around until you can join the two ends of the insert together with velcro.
- Push the center crown area upwards from inside the hat case, until it pops up above the insert and is flat. Close the zip around the crown